- 1 pound beef moose, caribou or venison
- 1/2 cup onion - diced (One medium onion is fine)
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 cup of corn
- 1 can kidney beans drained & rinsed
- 1 can black beans drained & rinsed
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 cup of beef broth
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper or to taste
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons cumin
- 3 tablespoons Hidden Valley Ranch Seasoning & Dressing mix
- 3 tablespoons taco seasoning
Cook the meat, garlic, and diced onion together in a skillet until done. Drain off the extra fat when the meat is cooked through, if necessary.
Add this to your slow cooker. Next, you’ll want to add your corn, beans, tomatoes, broth, salt, pepper, red pepper, chili powder, cumin, dressing mix and taco season.
Mix everything well, put the lid on your slow cooker and set it to low. Cook for 6-8 hours.
Once the cooking time is up, gather your bowls, tortilla chips, sour cream, cheese, and salsa.
I like to drain the extra juices off of mine, but you don’t have to!
Nutrition facts are approximate depending on what meat you choose.
Serving: 1cup | Calories: 182kcal | Carbohydrates: 8g | Protein: 11g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 40mg | Sodium: 448mg | Potassium: 364mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 794IU | Vitamin C: 7mg | Calcium: 47mg | Iron: 3mg