Homemade Vanilla extract with a kick! If you love Vanilla but would like to experiment with a slightly different flavor, this is worth the wait!
You can also make homemade Vanilla with Vodka.
- 1 eight ounce vessel with an airtight lid
- 5 Madagastgar Vanilla Beans
- 1 cup Bourbon
- Wash and Dry your vessel
- Slice the Vanilla beans longways
- Add Vanilla beans to your vessel
- Add Bourbon leaving one inch of headspace.
- Tighten or close the lid.
- Store in a dark place for 9 months to a year, giving the jar a shake a few times a month.
- Once you start using the Vanilla, keep the jar topped off with Bourbon. It will last you for many years!